Hello! I am Rifat Yasin, a 23-year-old beauty blogger from India. I started The Beauty Wonk in 2018 right before I was about to graduate from college. I had no idea how things worked in the blogging industry or what I should do to “grow”. My only purpose was to help men and women find unbiased reviews and tips to up their makeup & skincare game.
I am a firm believer of a simple, minimalist skincare routine that’s backed by science. Makeup is another world for me, the world of colors, and textures that help me bring out my creative side.
Almost a year after I started this blog, I decided to switch to cruelty-free beauty. I stopped buying products that are tested on animals! This cause is extremely close to my heart and I’m trying my best to help you find the best cruelty-free products without compromising on quality.
Fun Facts About Me:
- I fall sick every time I travel and it’s probably the reason I don’t love travelling. Some call me a hypocrite for this because I end up taking at least two vacations every year!
- I adore animals and cats are my forever love. I do love dogs but I’m too scared of going near them. Most of them just bark non-stop and bite me!
- In 2018, I finished my Bachelors in Electrical Engineering and I did fairly good in college (topped my class) but my heart was never there. It’s something I did because I thought I had to.
- I love the beauty world and the art of content creation. I am always overflowing with ideas and I rarely fail to execute them. I might delay them, though.
- Trying new things is how I keep myself busy. New course? New skill? New information? New trend? Sign me up for everything!
- My friends and followers (on Instagram) say I’m really funny and I think I agree with them!
WANT TO TRACK YOUR SKINCARE ROUTINE?
Let’s be friends!