Hello! I am Rifat Yasin, a 24-year-old beauty blogger from India, currently living and studying in Paris. I started The Beauty Wonk in 2018 right before I was about to graduate from college. I had no idea how things worked in the blogging industry, my only purpose was to help men and women find unbiased reviews and tips to up their makeup & skincare game.
I am a firm believer of a simple, minimalist skincare routine that’s backed by science. Makeup is another world for me, the world of colors, and textures that help me bring out my creative side.
It’s been a few years since I started this blog and interacting with so many people from all over the world has helped me grow as a person. Connecting with the beauty industry, which is known to encash on people’s insecurities, has surprisingly made me the most confident I’ve ever been.
random Facts About Me:
- When I was a teenager, I wanted lighter skin owing to the fair skin obsession in South Asia. But now I have become much more confident with my skin colour. To be honest, I love my complexion now! Also, I don’t run after “flawless” or “spotless” skin anymore. For me, what’s important is to have healthy skin.
- In 2018, I graduated as an Electrical Engineer and I did fairly well in college (topped my class) but my heart was never there. It’s something I did because I thought I had to.
- I love the beauty world and the art of content creation. I am always overflowing with ideas and I rarely fail to execute them. I might delay them, though.
- Trying new things is how I keep myself busy. New course? New skill? New information? New trend? Sign me up for everything!
- During the pandemic, I took a small break from blogging to prepare myself to go back into academia. And now I’m in Paris, enjoying the beautiful city and working hard to complete my masters!
Let’s be friends!