Acid Cleansing? A cleanser that works as an exfoliator? Is that your reaction too? Because I loved the thought of having mild exfoliating properties in my cleanser without overdrying my skin. Beauty Barn India sent me their newer launches from By Wishtrend that had Acid-Duo 2% Mild Gel Cleanser and Polyphenols in Propolis 15% Ampoule to review.
In today’s post, I’ll be talking about the Acid-duo cleanser which I have been using religiously for the past 3-4 weeks. Let’s dive into the review and see if you need this product in your life or not!
Price: INR 1,450 or USD 19.00 for 150 ml
High Points of Wishtrend Acid-Duo 2% Mild Gel Cleanser:
- LHA (Capryloyl Salicylic Acid): A derivative of Salicylic acid, LHA works by lifting dead skin cells off the surface of the skin, which means your pores are less likely to clog. It is non-comedogenic and anti-bacterial. The cleanser has 1% LHA.
- PHA (Gluconolactone): PHAs are the most gentle chemical exfoliators. They have larger molecules than AHAs so lesser ability to penetrate into the skin. However, it works great for people who have sensitive skin and can’t tolerate AHAs. It has 1% PHA. The best thing about PHA is that unlike AHAs, it doesn’t increase photosensitivity.
- pH of 5.5 which is pretty much the ideal pH of the skin.
My Thoughts on Wishtrend Acid-Duo Cleanser
The first impression was, well this looks good but pretty expensive. I don’t believe in investing a lot of money on cleansers because I go through them quickly and they’re with your skin’s contact for a short period of time. However, with regular usage, I can’t deny the fact that it did make my skin clearer and softer. And turned out to be an excellent cruelty-free cleanser that works!
The Acid-duo cleanser comes in a sleek, baby pink coloured bottle that has a pump dispenser. The bottle is translucent so you can see the quantity. You have to twist the pump in a counterclockwise direction to unlock and use it. This mechanism ensures there’s no product spillage especially when you’re travelling or you just happen to drop it on the floor!
Texture & Smell
As the name suggests, the wishtrend cleanser has a gel consistency which gives a lot of lather when you rub between your palms. It doesn’t have any smell to it which is the best part for me! I have ditched a lot of good performing cleansers in the past due to their strong smell. (Hey Cetaphil, How are you?)
See the image below, I need a little less than that (half a pump) to wash my face and neck. You have to take a small amount in your wet hands, lather between the palms and massage into the face. Then wash it off. I use this cleanser twice a day, morning and evening and it will last you approximately 10-12 months of regular usage.
How does it work?
Before starting on how the wishtrend cleanser performed on me, these are the few things you should know:
- Skin type – Oily, Acne-prone, sensitive, struggling with blackheads and whiteheads.
- I stopped using any other acids the entire time I used this cleanser just to see how well it performs on the exfoliating front. (Hi, The Ordinary Glycolic Acid! I miss you.)
A foaming, acid-based cleanser sounds like a perfect (disaster) recipe that can give you Sahara-desert-dry skin post-rinsing. However, the wishtrend acid-duo cleanser is different!
My skin didn’t feel dry AT ALL, in fact, it felt soft with no dry patches anywhere.
On nights when I’ve been super tired, I skipped double cleansing and this cleanser alone helped me get rid of all the dirt, oils, sunscreen and a wee-bit of makeup that I apply to work. (My work makeup routine means a light coverage pressed powder) I have noticed slight oil-control and considering the fact that I live in Chennai, this is something I could definitely enjoy.
Post-cleansing my skin looked clean and felt smooth. As I said, I stopped using any other acids, yes no chemical exfoliation for approximately a month! And I don’t have a lot of complaints. I have struggled with blackheads and whiteheads my entire life. But for the past year, I have been taking proper care of my skin which has resulted in lesser pore clogging. I have mild texture issues on the nose now and the cleanser took care of that.
Does it help with acne?
Well, the presence of LHA (a derivative of BHA) does mean it’s good for acne-prone skin. However, I’m not able to give a clear judgement on that. I get acne mostly when I’m menstruating and this didn’t stop that. I didn’t expect it to, anyway. It’s very difficult to know if a product stopped your acne situation completely when you’re using a complete, good routine. But I definitely trust that its ingredients helped me keep my skin away from dirt, oil and clogged pores. (which helps you prevent acne)
Do I Recommend the Wishtrend Acid-Duo Cleanser?
There’s no clear answer to this. I have always believed in not investing a lot in cleansers because they’re in contact with your skin for a few seconds or minutes. However, this wishtrend cleanser worked really well and is also cruelty-free. So here are a few reasons that explain who should buy it:
- If your skin is very sensitive and can’t cooperate with potent acids like AHA or BHA, this one is gentle enough and does a decent job.
- If you don’t have major skin problems, just some comedones here and there with combination or oily skin, you can just buy this cleanser and save money on heavy and expensive actives.
- You can skip it if your skin problems are major and you have to have regular chemical exfoliation with some potent actives.
- If you are fortunate enough plus fall under the third point, you can buy this and use it along with your regular products.
- You want to start delving into the world of actives but too scared to try out the potent ones out there. This could be a nice mild option for you.
I’m very impressed with this cleanser and it is slightly better than my favourite Sebamed cleansing foam. I still love the Sebamed cleanser because it’s pretty good and affordable than the Wishtrend Acid-duo cleanser. But, I was looking for a cruelty-free alternative to it and I’m so glad I found it!
The By Wishtrend Acid-Duo 2% Mild Gel Cleanser is an amazing choice for people who are battling clogged pores and dull skin. Its gentle and non-drying formula makes it a good choice for sensitive skin.
Why You Should Buy the Wishtrend Acid Cleanser?
- Mildly exfoliates the skin
- Sensitive-skin friendly
- No fragrance
- Sleek & practical packaging
- Cleanses without drying
- Best for combination to oily skin
- Gentle on skin
Why You Should Avoid the Wishtrend Acid Cleanser?
- Slightly expensive
- Very mild. Can’t replace actives in your routine if you have problematic skin.
Pin It On Pinterest